CERF+ is a national artists’ service organization whose mission is to safeguard and sustain the careers of craft artists and provide emergency resources that benefit all artists. CERF+ accomplishes its mission through a variety of programs and initiatives.
The lack of a safety-net for professional craft artists when personal or natural disasters strike was the impetus in 1985 for a group of craft artists and show producers to create the Craft Emergency Relief Fund. From a modest, grass roots mutual aid organization, CERF+ has emerged as one of the leading voices for safeguarding artists’ livelihoods to ensure that they are as well protected as America’s art treasures. Together we envision a future in which all professional artists can thrive in communities across the United States.
The Furniture Society and CERF+ have a long-standing partner relationship. CERF+ resources are available to Furniture Society members and CERF+ has regularly presented at Furniture Society conferences. CERF+ and the Furniture Society worked together to develop a pilot insurance survey, which has since led to creating robust insurance resources for artists on CERF+’s website. We invite you to explore some of CERF+’s programs and initiatives:
- Direct emergency assistance to professional craft artists affected by career-threatening emergencies (Learn More)
- Information on emergency preparedness and recovery for all artists (Learn More)
- Information on purchasing business insurance and a listing of nationally-available business insurance plans designed for artists (Learn More)
- Research on topics related to building sustainable careers for artists (Learn More)
- Studio Protector: The Artist’s Guide to Emergencies — an emergency preparedness and response toolkit for artists (Learn More)