The Furniture Society is pleased to feature multi-year Workshop Partnerships with four US-based educational institutions.
The Workshop Partnership Scholarships are supported through the Educational Grants arm of The Furniture Society and provide unique educational opportunities open exclusively to currently enrolled members of The Furniture Society.
The goal of these partnerships is to promote excellence in the furniture field through professional development and supporting projects of an educational nature. Each FS Workshop Partnership Scholarship is designed to highlight an opportunity particular and unique to the partnering institution. Workshop Partnerships allow Furniture Society members the opportunity to apply for and attend the following workshops
Applications accepted between January 9 — March 8, 2019.
One or two week immersive furniture class of applicant’s choice.
One week residency for applicant with demonstrated interest in writing about the furniture field.
One-week immersive class of applicant’s choice.
Two-week workshop in the wood studio.
General Application Details
- Review the terms of all the Scholarships offered in 2019. Every Scholarship opportunity is different and all terms with our partner organizations differ.
- Only serious applicants should apply and those who can take on the financial and time commitment required.
- The Furniture Society will select the scholarship recipient through a juried process.
- Grant Recipients will be notified by email on or before March 15th, 2019, and will have two weeks to accept the grant.
- Grant Recipients will be expected to submit a written report to the Furniture Society no later than December 31st, 2019, detailing their use of the Educational Grant and the impact it had on their career and/or the field of furniture. Reports must include images and a short narrative that might be used to promote the Educational Grant program and the mission of The Furniture Society.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled members of The Furniture Society to apply and take part in any of the Scholarship opportunities. Become a MEMBER.
- Applicants may not have received a grant or scholarship from The Furniture Society in 2018.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must submit a separate application if you are applying to be considered for more than one scholarship.
- Applications will be accepted starting January 9, 2019
- Deadline for all submissions: March 8, 2019
- Recipients will be notified in writing by March 15, 2019.
- Applicant must accept no later than March 29, 2019
Where applicable, classes will be selected after recipient has been chosen.
Each application must include
Please include the following in your email application:
- NAME OF SCHOLARSHIP APPLYING FOR (You MUST indicate which Scholarship you are applying for or your application will not be considered)
- Name (First, Last)
- Contact information
- Brief description of how this particular Scholarship opportunity will advance and/or enhance your career (100 – 150 words)
- 3 – 5 images of current works, a link to your Furniture Society Profile Page on the FS Website, or your personal website. All images should meet the following criteria:
- File size: maximum 500KB
- Dimensions: maximum 800 x 800 pixels
- File type: JPG
- If you are applying for the Arrowmont Writers’ Residency, please submit three writing samples that give the jury a sense of your writing style. This may be included as attachments or links to work online.
Submit all application materials via email to email@example.com with your last name and the name of the scholarship in the email subject.
Deadline to submit: March 8 — 12am (midnight) PST
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org (use FS Educational Grants Question in the subject line).