Full-time WOODWORKING EDITOR opportunity!
We’re looking for a well-rounded woodworker with publishing experience to join our team.
This is a fully remote, work-from-home (WFH) position.
• Woodworking experience and competency with woodworking tools.
• Understanding of technical drawings.
• Ability to develop multiple articles and manage various authors at the same time.
• Journalism/writing experience and photography/videography skills a plus.
• Produce 2 – 3 feature articles and at least one department per issue, as bylines or by working with contributors.
• Manage and direct authors to develop content from raw ideas to finished stories.
• Design and build woodworking projects.
• Review and manage project proposals and contracts.
• Serve as 2nd editor to review colleagues’ articles for accuracy and comprehension.
• Collaborate effectively with authors, artists, and photographers.
• Direct photographers and models during photo shoots.
• Work closely with art staff to produce compelling and informative layouts.
• Maintain story budgets.
• Participate in issue planning and issue critiques.
• Utilize industry knowledge and contacts to improve content quality.
• When necessary, represent Woodcraft Magazine at trade shows and industry events.
• Competitive health insurance program, dental, vision.
• Vacation, paid sick leave.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
To be considered:
• Send one email to email@example.com with the following material:
o In the subject line, write “Woodworking Editor – ‘your name’”.
o In the body of the email, explain why you’re the right person for the job.
o Attach two PDFs (or provide two URL links): One showcasing your best furniture-making projects and one with your best relevant writing samples.
For more information: https://www.woodcraft.com/page…