Staff Fellow and Media Coordinator Center for Furniture Craftsmanship
The Center for Furniture Craftsmanship (CFC) is a nonprofit, international school dedicated to providing the best possible education in wood craftsmanship and design through programs that serve professional- track and amateur woodworkers at all skill levels. The Staff Fellow is a year-round position that offers part-time employment as the school’s Media Coordinator and includes full participation in the Fellowship Program.
The successful candidate will:
Work 20 hours per week to coordinate the school’s media presence and assist with various communications responsibilities.
Take full advantage of the Fellowship to further their woodworking goals.
Benefits and Responsibilities:
The benefits of the Fellowship are many, including a designated workbench and full, 24/7 access to the well-equipped bench room, machine room, lumber room, and other facilities. A full list of benefits can be found here. (Note, the Staff Fellow’s hours as Media Coordinator supplant the normal Fellowship requirement of contributing six hours/week to the school.)
In addition to the above, the collaborative and communal benefits of the Fellowship include working alongside some of the top makers from around the world. Fellows and Visiting Artists joining us in 2023 include Yuri Kobayashi, Thomas Hucker, Annie Evelyn, and David Haig.
Media Coordinator responsibilities include supporting CFC’s marketing and communications by:
- creating content for social media and coordinating post schedules
- taking photographs and videos of classes, programs, and events
- assist with writing and publishing the monthly e‑newsletter
- assist with writing and publishing blog and alumni profiles
- assist with maintaining the school website
- managing Google Adwords
- other communications and administrative responsibilities as needed
The ideal candidate is:
- an experienced woodworker with a record of creative achievement looking to explore new work
- experienced developing content for social media
- experienced working with websites and e‑news platforms
- a skilled writer
- a team player with interpersonal skills suitable to a collegial work environment
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- experience with Microsoft Office or Google/Apple equivalents
- skilled in publication layout and design
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits:
The twenty office hours for the Media Coordinator are flexible during regular business hours (Monday through Friday from 9am – 5pm). Evening hours are occasionally required for special events and openings. Compensation is $20 – 25/hour commensurate with experience. Benefits include earned paid leave, free classes, and flexible scheduling. As part of the Fellowship Program, this fellow will have 24/7 access to the shop subject to the normal parameters set on machine use.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and images of your work, to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Center for Furniture Craftsmanship is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.