The Furniture Society is pleased to announce a partnership opportunity with the American Craft Council (ACC). One recipient will be chosen to receive a full conference pass (valued at $500) to the upcoming ACC conference, Present Tense: 2019, taking place October 10 – 12, 2019 in Philadelphia, PA.
The American Craft Council is hosting a national conversation on craft’s relevance as a powerful catalyst for navigating and making meaning in an increasingly tense and complex present…and we need to be there.
This conference opportunity affords the recipient the chance to attend this national conversation around craft, engage with and contribute to the dialogue, and to share these experiences with our larger furniture community. This opportunity is open exclusively to currently enrolled members of The Furniture Society.
Application Deadline: September 18, 2019
Recipient will be notified by September 23, 2019
This partnership opportunity is open to current members of The Furniture Society. Apply now to be considered to receive a full conference pass (valued at $500) to the upcoming ACC conference, Present Tense: 2019, taking place October 10 – 12, 2019 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Deadline for all submissions: September 18, 2019
- Recipients will be notified in writing by September 23, 2019.
- This award covers one full conference pass. It does not include travel, lodging, or meals.
- Award Recipient will be notified by email on or before September 23rd, 2019.
- Requirements: Recipient must attend the duration of the ACC conference, especially wood/furniture related programming. Recipient must be willing/able/comfortable with presenting their conference experiences via social media and will be interviewed for a follow-up Furniture Society Newsletter article.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled members of The Furniture Society to apply and take part in any of the Granting opportunities. Become a MEMBER.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Conference website and info: https://craftcouncil.org/conference
HOW TO APPLY:
- NO LATER THAN September 18, 2019: Send an email to email@example.com along with your CV/resume telling us how participating in an event such as this is relevant to you at this time, and what makes you a good ambassador for TFS at this conference? (300 words).
- In the subject line of the application email, you must include your last name and the name of the opportunity — [i.e. SMITHquickfireoppTFSatACC]
The Furniture Society is a 501©3 organization. Our mission is to advance the art of furniture making by inspiring creativity, promoting excellence, and fostering an understanding of this art and its place in society. Our vision is to cultivate a diverse community and conversation around furniture in all its forms.
The Furniture Society works to realize its mission through educational programs, publications, exhibitions, recognition of excellence in the field, and annual conferences. With members from across the United States and Canada, as well as numerous other countries around the world, the Furniture Society represents a broad cross-section of furniture makers, museum and gallery professionals, scholars, journalists, and others involved with the field of furniture in many different ways.