The Center for Furniture Craftsmanship (CFC) is a nonprofit, international school dedicated to providing the best possible education in wood craftsmanship and design through programs that serve professional-track and amateur woodworkers at all skill levels. CFC seeks to hire a Development Manager. This is a benefits-eligible position reporting directly to the Executive Director and expected to work 32 hours per week. The Development Manager will manage the school’s fundraising efforts and donor relations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the Executive Director in developing an annual fundraising plan
• Plan and implement the annual appeal
• Research, write, and report on grants for both program-related and capital projects
• Oversee donation processing and manage the donor database
• Identify and implement new development opportunities that fit the culture of the CFC
• Assist the Executive Director in managing relationships with CFC’s major contributors, donors, and volunteers
o Ensure acknowledgement of their support and contributions to CFC
o Schedule and assist the Executive Director and board members with donor calls, visits, and mailings
• Assist with meetings of the Board’s Development Committee
• Track and report data and information to the Executive Director, the Development Committee, and other departments as needed
• Assist with planning and execution of events including occasional work outside regular business hours
• 3+ years hands-on experience in fundraising management, including annual giving, donor relations, major gift solicitations, and event planning
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to manage concurrent projects
• Competence with word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
• Experience assisting an organization research and change their donor management software is a plus!
Compensation & Benefits
32 hours per week, $45,000 – 50,000 per year commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, free classes, and flexible scheduling. This position is intended to work on-site, but a preference for remote work will be considered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Matt Hoggle, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.