THE FURNITURE SOCIETY
THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF WOODTURNERS
are pleased to announce a
JOINT 2017 SYMPOSIUM
The American Association of Woodturners (AAW) and The Furniture Society (FS) are parallel professional societies, each with a mission to help promote and educate their members and the public about object design and making, and associated tools and techniques.
FS and AAW are pleased to announce a pilot project – a joint symposium June 22 – 25, 2017, in Kansas City, Missouri. Program sessions, demonstrations, exhibitions, keynote and award presentations, silent auction, and trade show are in the Kansas City Convention Center, across the street from the conference hotel, Marriott Downtown.
To register online: www.woodturner.org/event (click on 2017 Symposium Kansas City, MO)
Early Bird registration is available through May 7th.
Daily and full symposium rates available.
FS members sign up as Guest AAW member & receive AAW member discount rates.
AAW presenters and topics are online now. The FS program module will be Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, June 23 – 24. Members of both organizations are welcome to attend the others’ sessions – in fact, they are encouraged to do so! (FS presenters/topics will be announced soon.)
“We are very excited about this first-ever joint meeting opportunity with our turning friends,” says Furniture Society Executive Director Bill Hinman. “It’s a great way for FS members to expand their horizons, explore new design paradigms, and share expertise and enthusiasm with a new audience.”
Furniture Society members should sign up on the AAW site as a free Guest member, a 60-day free membership. FS members will need to register for the AAW Symposium within the 60 day period of the Guest membership.
To sign up for a Guest membership:
- Click here: https://aaw.site-ym.com/general/register_member_type.asp? Provide name address, email, and organization affiliation (select Furniture Society from the list of Chapters, which is alphabetical).
- To activate each Guest membership, FS members will need to reply to the auto-confirmation email they receive after signing up for a Guest membership.
- After activating the Guest membership, each FS member (now a new AAW Guest member) will have an AAW username and password. Typically, the username is their email address.
- If FS members would like to sample AAW Guest resources, they may do so at
To register for the AAW Symposium:
- Each FS member should login to the AAW website at http://www.woodturner.org with their AAW Guest username and password. Once logged, FS members should go to http://www.woodturner.org/?page=2017Registration to register for the symposium and follow the instructions. Each FS member who successfully registers for the AAW Symposium, will receive a confirmation promptly after submitting their registration.
Questions and assistance:
- Call AAW M-F, 8:30am to 4:30pm CST at 877-595-9094 (toll free) or 651-484-9094
We look forward to seeing you in Kansas City this June!